Employment Law Solicitor/Associate
Comyn Kelleher Tobin LLP (CKT) is a leading Irish law firm with a team of more than 70 professionals
across offices in Cork and Dublin. CKT is ranked in the top 25 Law Firms in Ireland. Our growing firm
is renowned for providing high quality services in a great atmosphere with exceptional opportunity
for career development.
CKT is currently looking to recruit a Solicitor/Associate with strong experience in Employment Law to
join their team. The role is based in our Cork office, with the possibility of some remote/blended
working in line with our Firm policy.
You will join a team which provides strategic advice and practical solutions to our Clients across both
the public and private sectors, working on a diverse caseload of contentious and non-contentious
employment law matters including:
- Advising and guiding employers through investigations, disciplinary proceedings and
termination of employment.
- Advising employers on protected disclosures, transfer of undertakings, employment
equality, and unfair dismissals.
- Representation of employers (primarily) and employees before the Workplace Relations
Commission, Labour Court and Civil Courts.
- Drafting, negotiation and advising upon contracts, policies, and termination agreements.
- Qualified Solicitor (applications will be considered from candidates with PQE of 3 years or
- In depth knowledge of a full range of employment matters
- Ability to handle a caseload independently, whilst also being a strong team player.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to assess legal, practical, and business risks in a
fast-paced environment and provide sound advice under tight deadlines.
- Highly organised, self-motivated person with strong communication skills
- An ability to adopt a commercial/practical perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach
to legal issues.
- A genuine interest in employment law developments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading national law firm highly regarded for their expertise in
This role presents an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious candidate to work with the firm’s big-
name clients on complex and challenging disputes needs, as well as having the support and shared knowledge of a team of highly experienced lawyers.
How to apply
Applications or queries can be made in strict confidence to HR Manager, Melanie Power at firstname.lastname@example.org.