- February 20, 2019
- Posted by: granitewordpress
- Category: News
Denise Kirwan, Partner in Child and Family Law at Comyn Kelleher Tobin will speak at a seminar considering the current role of the GAL and how proposed changes might impact on future representation of children.
Barnardos Guardian ad Litem service and TIGALA – The Independent Guardian ad Litem Agency in conjunction with the Cork Family Lawyers Association and UCC Law Department have organised a free seminar that will consider the current role of the GAL and how proposed changes might impact on future representation of children.
Topic will include:
- What the judgement in A O’D v O’L means currently for the role of the GAL and representation of children?
- What the General Scheme of the Child Care (Amendment) Bill, 2017 might mean for the representation of children and the role of the GAL?
- “An overview of the Criminal Justice (Victims of Crime) Act 2017 … Protective measures for Child Complainants in Criminal prosecutions.”
The seminar will take place from 4pm on Thursday 28th March in the Imperial Hotel, Cork and be of interest to Guardians ad Litem, members of the legal profession, social workers, children’s rights organisations, amongst others.
Chair: Freda McKittrick – Barnardos Guardian ad Litem service
- Denise Kirwan, Comyn Kelleher Tobin solicitors
- Val Kerr, Guardian ad Litem, TIGALA
- Colm Roberts, Legal Aid Board
- Lara Hynes, Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Eamonn Carroll, Noonan Linehan Carroll Coffey solicitors
To book your free place on this seminar visit Eventbrite.