- December 14, 2020
- Posted by: granitewordpress
- Category: News
CKT are delighted to be a Founding Signatory of the Pro Bono Pledge Ireland which launched on 26th November 2020.
This Pledge is the first collaborative effort in Ireland to articulate a shared responsibility of lawyers to promote access to justice and provide pro bono legal assistance to those in need. We see this as our opportunity to use our knowledge and expertise to assist those that need our help most.
Our responsibility as a firm in signing the pledge is as follows:
- We will endeavour to provide an average of more than 20 hours pro bono legal service per lawyer per year.
- We will, in consultation with other signatories to this Pledge, review this target in 3 years with a view to increasing it.
- We will collaborate with other signatories to this Pledge to improve the effectiveness and availability of pro bono legal services, including by sharing appropriate information and developing agreed guidance and protocols.
- We will contribute data and case studies for annual reports on pro bono work in Ireland in accordance with an agreed protocol.
Speaking on the Pro Bono Pledge Ireland, Deborah Moore, Managing Partner said, “We are delighted to join over 70 firms in Ireland as a Founding Signatory of the Pro Bono Pledge Ireland. At CKT, we have a team of experts with the ability to help those that need it most. We are proud to sign up to the pledge, and we look forward to seeing how it will evolve over the years.”