Eamon Harrington Partner
Eamon is Head of CKT’s Healthcare and Litigation Departments.
Eamon acts on behalf of a number of leading indemnifiers, as well as acting nationally as a Mediator and Arbitrator on behalf of the State and third parties regularly. He is also a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Mediator and Arbitrator, as well as promoting the use of alternative dispute resolution.
Eamon is recognised internationally for his work and leadership in these areas and is regularly requested to speak at legal events in Ireland and internationally.
Eamon acts in the defence of complex, catastrophic medical negligence actions and commercial disputes.
Eamon is Junior Vice-President of the Law Society of Ireland Council and past president of the Southern Law Association and past Chairman of the Finance Committee of the Law Society. He has chaired on Litigation, ADR and Professional Indemnity committees. He is often identified as a leading figure on the defendant side of Irish medical negligence cases.
Eamon is a ranked lawyer in The Legal500 and Chambers and Partners Europe Guides.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Data Protection/GDPR and Freedom of Information
- Disputes and Litigation
- Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Litigation
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Public Law
- Recognised in the Chambers & Partners rankings in the Dispute Resolution: Healthcare Litigation Band 1 category.
- Recognised in the Legal 500 rankings as a Leading Individual.
- Junior Vice-President, Law Society of Ireland Council
- Member of the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society of Ireland
- Fellow Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Former Chairman, Litigation Committee, Law Society of Ireland
- Former Chairman, ADR Committee, Law Society of Ireland
- Former Chairman, Professional Indemnity Committee, Law Society of Ireland
- Former Council Member, Irish Commercial Mediation Association
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Past President, Southern Law Association
- Notary Public
- Former Vice Chairman of the Employment Appeals Tribunal