Denise Kirwan Partner
Denise is a lead partner in our Child Care Department. She has over 25 years’ experience which includes acting for State bodies on extremely sensitive issues. Matters that Denise has worked on include those arising from applications under the Child Care Act, applications under the Inherent Jurisdiction of the High Court, and inter jurisdictional applications under the Brussels II Regulations. Denise also has specialist experience in the areas of Adoption, Section 25 of the Mental Health Act, matters relating to Juvenile Justice, Special Care and the High Court Wardship jurisdiction.
Denise, a highly regarded expert in her field is an active member of the Child and Family Law Committee at the Law Society of Ireland. Denise is regularly requested to speak at events on a number of topics, and regularly provides training for Public body clients and professionals working in the Health Sciences. In addition, she is a regular lecturer at University College Cork on the Masters in Social Work.
- Child Care Law
- Healthcare Litigation
- Health and Social Care
- Public Law
- BA (ES), University of Limerick
- Trainer/Tutor on Master of Social Work (MSW) course, UCC
- Lecturer/Trainer to Social Workers, Bessboro Family Support Services, Arbour House Addiction Services, HSE National Counselling Service and others
- Member of the International Association for Infant Mental Health
- member of the Child and Family Law Committee at the Law Society
- Member of the Roll of Solicitors, Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Southern Law Association
- Committee member, Cork Family Lawyers’ Association